Wednesday, January 13, 2010

chapter 6.

As soon as the stars were announced we started making our way to the lounge. It was hard to stay together so eventually we ended up splitting up. Kelsey, Vero, Heather, Katie , Oksana, Abbey, and I were all together some how while two other groups followed a couple of rows or people behind us.
"So Katie what did you think of Max's fight?" Oksana asked.
"Oh I just hope he is okay."
The girls and I just laughed, It is funny how people talk about things when they dont know anything about the subject. When we made it to the lounge FSN was on. We sat down an watched as soon as we got to the couch. Then they zoomed in on us and the room went silent as I turned up the volume. Everyone gathered around as Bob started talking.
"After that Max Talbot fight Veronique as you may know has been linked to Marc-Andre, Kelsey linked to Kennedy, and Heather linked to Staal all hugged this young lady" He looked to Stagie after the video completed.
"Do you know who that could be?" He asked.
"Obviously she is linked to Talbo." Stagie added.
"We have Dan Potash with Max Talbot right now." Bob added. "Dan."
"So that fight didnt look to be for many reason's was something said or did we just miss the problem."
"Oh there was plenty of reason, and we have a history." He smiled.
"Max when you headed to the locker room after the fight, you looked up to the group of girls sitting in the family seats."
"yeah."
"Who were you looking at?" Dan asked.
"Well just some friends."
"Oh just a friend."
"Friends."
"Thanks for the interview Max."
"Yeah you to." He walked away.
I turned the TV down and everyone just looked at me. I sunk down into the couch to try and hide from the glares.
"I have got to go see him."
"Who?"
"Simon."
"Oh want us to go with you?"
"No thanks. I need to go alone. But thank you."
"Alright. Text if you need us."
Katie stopped me at the door.
"Are you with Max?" She looked upset.
"No I am not."
"Well they said.." I cut her off.
"Dont believe everything you hear." An walked down the hallway.

Outside the Flyers locker room, I noticed a bunch of girls sitting around.
they all turned to me. "Can I help you."
"yeah, I am a old friend of Simon's I was hoping I could talk to him."
"Oh, okay. I am his wife Karine." She held out her hand.
"Renaee."
"Oh from when he was in juniors."
"Yeah." I smiled.
"Let me go get him." she smiled back.
Ten minutes later we were sitting there catching up.
"So that fight. I am sorry."
"How could you be sorry. It wasnt your fault."
"Eh. I dont know."
"what do you mean?"
"Max still has this thing for me. He fought his teammate because of me."
"I didnt know that. He just dropped the golves and called me a pussy." He looked down. "I didnt know it was because of you. I just dropped the gloves."
"Yeah. I understand. Are you okay?"
"Yeah I am fine." He smiled. " So you met my wife. Did you meet my son?"
"No. I didnt even know you had a son."
"Matthew." He motioned to a little boy.
"Awhhh he looks just like you."
"Thank you. Not many say that."
"He does just like you did when you were younger."
"Thanks. Well I wish I would have known you were here. I would have found you earlier."
"Hahah I barley made it here in time to see the boys come out. It is girls night."
"ahh I see."
"Yupp it was pretty fun."
"So are you with Max?"
"Oh hell no. He has this blond waitress chick, but anyways, I am with. Well kind of with Eric Godard."
"Ah he is a good player. Good fighter to."
"Yeah. He is a nice guy."
"Well I better let you go, So you can be there when your guy comes out. An plus I gotta get my stuff together."
I laughed. " I am glad I came to see you. I will have to make sure that I say hi when we see each other again."
Yeah same here. Keep in touch and call if you need anything even just to talk to some one. Your still my 'nae nae'." I smiled. "bye." We hugged and he handed me his number. I waved as I walked down the hallway and placed the paper in to my jacket pocket.

Eric:
I finished showering then made my way to the lounge. I couldnt find Renaee anywhere. I walked over to the girls and asked if anyone had seen her.
"Yeah. She went to see Simon Gagne. She should be on her way back." Kelsey was the first to answer me.
"Why."
"Oh. You didnt know did you?" Kelsey asked.
"I'm so confused."
"She used to date him."
"Oh so that is the reason for the fight."
"Yeah."
"There she is." Heather pointed to the door.
I ran over to her and pulled her into a hug.
"What was that for?" She asked.
"Well I heard that this game kind of upset you a bit." I smiled. " So I got to make it better."
She couldnt help but smile.
"So what are you doing after everyone gets out here." I asked. "you up for Diesel?"
"You want to go to diesel?" She tilted her head.
"Yeah. Party with my girl." I smiled.
"Awhh well I am sorry I think we are going to Deja vu."
"Can I go with you?"
"well.. It is girls night. I'd LOVE for you to go. But they would all tell me off. But go party with YOUR FRIENDS for once."
"What is that supposed to mean."
"I was told that you dont go out and party EVER!"
"So.."
"Yeah."
"Ah. I dont know."
"Please. Go have fun."
"Okay. For you."
"Thank you." She smiled.
"Come on nae." Vero yelled. " Time to party."
"Awhh do you have to go."
"Yeah... Kind of but maybe I can see you later?"
"Yup. For sure. Just call me."
"Alright I will."

No comments:

Post a Comment