Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chapter 10.

This ones kind of long but its really juicy. lots of info for you guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Renaee POV

There he was the man I had been looking for. Eric stood with his arms in the air staring at us.

"Its not what you think man." Kris stepped back.

"I know. I saw the hole thing." he pulled me into a hug. "I was coming over to save her. Then you took my thunder."

"Oh. I am sorry." Kris looked down.

"It's okay." He smiled toward Kris. "More important..Are you okay?"

"Yes. I...I thought he was you at first." I stuttered.

Ten minutes later they were boarding the plane,Good byes were said but Vero and I were still sitting there. We had said good bye about 5 minutes ago. The ramp doors were shut and everyone had left. Yet there we sat. I being unable to leave still playing the Max incidient in my head. Although its a good thing they are gone.


Max POv

After packing my things I headed to the airport. There I saw her. Her back turned to me and Eric no where in sight. I knew that there was probally a better way of doing this but...Hell, Oh well. I wrapped my arms around her and spun her around. That's when all hell broke loose!! The words she said really stung. I couldnt stop replaying everything in my head. 'why do I have to be so stupid!!' I stared out the window most of the plane ride.

At the hotel Tanger was my roommate. He tried and tried to get someone to switch him but Coach wouldnt allow it. I think the only other thing that could happen would be if Eric and I were roomed together.

"Why do you have to do this to her?" He stopped pacing.

"Who?" I looked towards him.

"Renaee. She obviously doesnt want to be around you. But you cant take no for a answer! Can you?!" He yelled.

"I..Im sorry Tanger!" I pleaded.

"Dont apologize to me. Just stay away from her!" He grabbed his phone and key card.

"Okay. Ill try. But its not that simple when I have been in love with her for 10 years now." I stepped in front of him.

"No you havent. If you were in love you wouldnt have slept with all those other girls." He tried to leave.

"Shes the reason it all started!" I looked to him.

"Dont blame Renaee for your dumb mistakes." He grabbed the door handle.

"I'm not! It's the truth. Promise!" I took his hand off the door.

"Prove it." His eyes filled with sincerity as he sat down on the bed.

I begun our story...
When I first met Renaee we had just won our first hockey game of the year. Flower had been so excited that his girl was coming to watch again this season. After the game we met Vero. She had brought a friend, so she didnt have to drive by herself. That's when I started believing in 'Love at first sight.' I was hit hard by cupids arrow. They then woud come up every weekend. Marc and Vero would hang out and so that left us. At first we were just friends, till one night I kissed her. I couldnt take it any longer. I hadnt seen her in 3 weeks! It turned out the reason she hadnt been up was cause she was at a different game, cheering for a different team. More specifically a different player, that wore the number 12, Simon Gagne. She had met him one night, he was then about 3 years older then me and 2 years older then Renaee. At first I thought she was just in it for the money, he was a good up an coming hockey player. The year they met he was going in to the draft. they dated through the summer, through training camp, and half of his first season with The Philadelphia Flyers. Then one night she came to me in tears. It absolutley killed me. He found someone down there, closer to him and his age. She was devastated!!! She stayed with me that night. Well one thing led to another and she ended up being my first. I was even more in love. It turned out that she was just a little drunk and looking for a rebound. She sure did find one. Since then she is all Ive wanted. I pushed myself to the brink to make sure I made it to the NHL. When I did, I thought maybe if even thought it was for the money, id be with her. She turned me down to say the least. Now, I do the same thing to girls that she did to me.

He didnt say anything. He just sat there in a 'awh' state.

"I'm...I.. didnt know. Im sorry I flipped. I didnt know it was that serious." He hugged me.

For once in my life, I felt at a ease. Even with the look in Sid and Marc's eyes, I didnt get the same affection.

"Thanks for understanding." I hugged him back.

"Anytime. Now I gotta call her and see why she wouldnt tell me. She told me everything else." He grabbed his stuff again and headed towards the door when I stopped him.

"Kris." I turned towards him.

"Yeah?" He turned around.

"Will you help me?" I pleaded.

"Well You know how she feels about Eric. You are going to have to wait for your chance. After HIM!!!!" He stressed.

"Okay." I fake smiled as he walked out the door.
'Why does everyone keep telling me that!!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment